ATTENDANCE & ACADEMIC PROGRESS
- Classes will start at 9:00 A.M and end at 4:00 P.M
- The first bell for class will ring five minutes before the commencement of the morning and the second bell at the hour fixed for the commencement of the class.
- Students are expected to occupy their seats in their respective class rooms at the stroke of the second bell. Attendance will be marked at the commencement of the class itself. Late comers after a specified period, therefore, though permitted to attend classes by the teacher concerned,will not be allotted attendance
- Permission for admission to the University Examination will not be granted unless
(a) A student has put in at least 75% of attendance at the end of the academic year as per the regulations of Guru Ghasidas University.
(b) A student gets at least minimum pass mark in the Weekly, Unit and Model Tests conducted by the College as per the norms laid down by the college.
c) The Principal is satisfied with the character and conduct of the student.
- No student shall absent himself/herself from classes without the prior permission of the Principal.
- When absence is caused by unforeseen events, application for leave must be submitted to the Principal as early as possible and not later than three days of return to the College.
- Application for leave of absence may be rejected by the Principal if he is not satisfied with its genuineness.
- The student shall obtain signature of the class teacher and subject teachers on the leave letter. The duly signed leave letter is then to be submitted to the Principal or Vice Principal.
- No "Grace Attendance" will be given to a student merely because he/she is a member of sports, Games, NSS, Cultural Team, AICUF etc. but they will not be marked in the category of the unsolicited general absentee students.
- Students who are regular defaulters in joining the college after vacation will be penalized by a fine or Rs. 50/- per day.
- If the students fail to complete the required number of practicals for no valid reasons of absence, their final Practical may be affected.
- Payment of exam fees is no guarantee that a student will be permitted to appear for the final exam. Only those who put in the minimum required attendance at the end of the academic year and get the minimum pass mark in the examinations conducted by the College as per the norms laid down by the College will be permitted to proceed to the annual examinations.